Dividing Property in Divorce
Need a Rancho Cucamonga Divorce Lawyer?
Among all the issues involved in divorce, property division is often one of the messiest. Spouses rarely agree on what property belongs to who and can get into disputes over who is keeping the home, the car, or other possessions. When you are facing property division, don’t go through it alone.
Our Rancho Cucamonga divorce attorneys have guided countless clients through these matters and can use this insight to assist with your case.
- Why choose our legal team?
- We care about your best interests.
- We have years of proven legal experience.
- We take the time to understand your unique case.
- We provide legal solutions tailored to your needs.
Going through a divorce can be challenging, but it doesn’t have to be. Let Chung & Ignacio, LLP provide the knowledgeable representation you need to get through your property division matters.
What Does Community Property Mean?
California is what is known as a “community property” state. In other words, all assets, property, and debts obtained during the marriage will be viewed as community property. This means that it can be split up between the two spouses; however, it doesn’t mean it will be split up “equally” in all cases. California courts follow what is known as equitable division, which leans more towards what is fair.
- The court will consider the following factors when dividing property:
- What each spouse contributed to the marriage (financially, emotionally, etc.)
- The earning potential or current income of each spouse
- Any spousal support agreements being put into place
- Whether or not a spouse tried to hide property or assets
These are just a few of elements that could impact your property division case. On top of that, community and separate property must be identified to ensure the division is completely fair and equitable. If some marital assets were left of out of the mix, you could be given far less than what you deserve. Having a Rancho Cucamonga divorce lawyer by your side during this time is crucial.
Schedule a Free Consultation with Chung & Ignacio, LLP
Going through a divorce is never simple, but our firm is here to work towards a favorable outcome. We take the legal burden off your shoulders so you can focus on more important things. Whether you are expecting a heated battle or confusion over what assets belong to each spouse, Chung & Ignacio, LLP is here to guide you through the process.
Call our firm today to schedule your free consultation with our Rancho Cucamonga family law attorneys. We are here to help.