Los Angeles Immigration Attorneys
Proudly Serving The Los Angeles Communities
At Chung & Ignacio in Los Angeles, we believe immigrants are a cornerstone of our country. The United States simply would not be the same inspiring land it is today without its long history of immigrants who have come from all corners of the world to be here. To honor what makes this country truly great, we proudly offer immigration law services to immigrants from all walks of life.
From our Los Angeles law office, we frequently assist, guide, and represent immigrants from all different communities. Our goal is to make you feel at home while we work on your case. Making your American Dream possible is our passion.
Employment-Based Immigration Services in Los Angeles
Many people come to America in search of gainful employment. Many others are brought to the country by employers who have already hired them for their extraordinary skills. No matter the reasons why you need to come to and stay in the country due to work, you can trust in Chung & Ignacio to help you make that happen.
There are a number of employment-based visas that could work for you, such as:
- E: If you can show that you are going to significantly invest in an American-based business or company, then you may be able to receive an E visa – E-1, E-2, and EB-5, for example. Investor visas are a useful way to begin your immigration journey as well as a new entrepreneurial effort.
- H-1B: American companies can effectively sponsor an immigrant through an H-1B visa, which acknowledges the immigrant’s technical knowledge in their career field. H-1B visas are temporary but may be extended up to 6 years.
- J: Are you looking to study abroad in pursuit of your career or advanced education? Professors, students, and other researchers can file for a non-immigrant J visa.
- L: Company executives and important managers can use an L visa to enter the country, given that they are doing so to transfer to a U.S.-based office. L visas are useful for multinational companies that need to restructure or relocate key personnel.
- O: People with extraordinary talents, like professional athletes and movie stars, can enter the country temporarily with an O visa.
- R: Religious workers can enter the country using an R-visa, which only lasts for a short period of time. You must usually have a specific reason for traveling into the U.S. for religious purposes, such as a holy day event.
- TN/TD: Professionals from Canada and Mexico can use TN/TD visas to gain entrance to the U.S. for the purpose of work.
Traveling to the U.S. for Your Family
Other than employment-based reasons, immigrants tend to come to the U.S. for family-based reasons. There are a number of family-based visas that may be available to you, depending on where you are from and what relatives already live within the U.S. It will be our job as your Los Angeles immigration attorneys to help you find and use the right family visa for your situation.
Family-based immigration cases may involve:
- K-1 visa: Your fiancé or fiancée can sponsor you through a K-1 visa if they are a citizen themselves. If approved, you will be given 90 days to marry your fiancé, at which point your marriage to them will make you eligible to become a permanent resident. If you are not married within the 90-day period, then removal processes will begin.
- K-3 visa: This is a specialized temporary visa used to bring a foreign-citizen spouse into the United States. It should be used if you have already married someone who lives in another country.
- Legal permanent resident (LPR): You can gain legal permanent resident status by first being sponsored by a close relative who lives in the United States. When you gain LPR status, you will have the right to live and work in the country without needing to rely on any sort of familial sponsorship.
Asylum Seekers from Other Countries
In the current sociopolitical climate, a large number of people from Central and South American countries have recently sought entry into the United States to escape undue hardship and extreme danger. Refugees who flee their country for these reasons can file for asylum. If approved, they can stay temporarily in the United States, but permission can be extended as needed.
Our immigration lawyers from Chung & Ignacio in Los Angeles are proud to extend our legal services to asylum seekers from Mexico, Guatemala, and anywhere else in the world. As the Statue of Liberty vows, our country is here to take you in, protect you, and give you the means to build a better life. It would be our honor to help make that possible for you and your family during your hours of need.
Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) efforts have spiked in recent years. ICE raids are all over the news as the Trump administration tries to keep undocumented – and sometimes even documented – immigrants out of the country.
If you or a loved one have been targeted by ICE or the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) for deportation, do not hesitate to call (323)-870-6577 Our lawyers are ready to stand up for your rights as a human being and an undocumented immigrant in the United States. There are ways to pause or cancel deportation proceedings against you, but you must act quickly.