What does it mean for a divorce to go into default?

According to the California Courts, a default divorce is one in which someone does not respond to a petition for divorce. A default divorce means that you are essentially giving up your right to have a say in the divorce proceedings and all consequences of that divorce. We will help you go over your spouse’s petition for divorce, and if your spouse hasn’t filed yet, we could help you petition first.

According to the California Courts, even if you don’t respond to a divorce petition, you can still work out an agreement that lays out your wishes for:

The response is called Form FL-120, and the additional response form you will have to fill out and file if you have children is Form FL-311. You have 30 days to file a response to a divorce petition before your case goes into default. Note that if you are the spouse who filed for divorce, you must complete the form says you request to enter default, including the declaration for default. You must also submit these forms: the judgment form and the notice of entry of judgment form.

If you've been served divorce papers in Rancho Cucamonga, contact the compassionate and dedicated attorneys at Chung & Ignacio, LLP to schedule your free initial consultation.

Ready to get started?

Tell us about your case by filling out the form below. We will reach out to you to schedule your free consultation.

    • Please enter your name.
    • This isn't a valid phone number.
      Please enter your phone number.
    • This isn't a valid email address.
      Please enter your email address.
    • Please make a selection.
    • Please enter a message.