CI Blog

What Is an Infraction?

A person is guilty of an infraction if he/she violates specific code sections. If convicted of an infraction, the good news is that it is not punishable by imprisonment. However, a person charged with an infraction is not entitled to a trial by jury and is not entitled to have the public defender represent him or her unless he or she is arrested and not releaseed on his or her written promise to appear, his or her recognizance, or deposit of bail. The typical punishment for an infraction is a fine (i.e. traffic ticket).

There are many situations where an experienced criminal defense attorney can negotiation with the prosecutor to reduce a misdemeanor to an infraction. This is important because it will eliminate any possibility of imprisonment and will not affect your criminal record. Other than getting your case dismissed, the next best thing is to get an infraction.

If you or anyone you love is arrested, please contact our Rancho Cucamonga criminal defense office and set up a free consultation. Our experienced Rancho Cucamonga criminal defense attorneys would like to sit down with you, discuss your case and give you your options.

We Put You First

See What Our Clients Have To Say

  • Eric Chung, Esq. was my divorce attorney in 2012. He was efficient, professional, and gave me solid advice. He was prompt at following up and returning emails/phone calls. The staff in the practice ...

    - Teri Arteaga

  • Even though I hope to never be in this situation again, the one bright light was getting a chance to work with you. Your knowledge, respect, advice, and guidance are unparalleled and made such as ...

    - Anonymous

  • Great law firm! Attorney was passionate about my case and worked very hard to win it. I am proud of him because he didn't give up. Will hire again.

    - D.Gaston

We Are Here To Help You

As dedicated legal representatives, we will place our resources at your disposal in order to mount a compelling case on your behalf.

Get To Know Our Attorneys

Ready to get started on your case?

Tell us about your case and we will get back to you shortly.

Send My Information